Client Case Studies
Our Delivery Approach and Methodology
Our consulting approach focuses on understanding the business value chain in its entirety, coupled with understanding our clients‘ unique challenges. We focus on, the business strategy and operations, conducting internal data analytics, using market benchmarks with similar industries and companies before proposing a tailored transformation solution. We collaborate with our client’s teams’ throughout the implementation process in order to ensure sustainability of benefits beyond the consulting period.
Some Client Case Studies
Procurement Transformation Project for a Diversified Industrials Client We delivered a Procurement Operating Model Design and Implementation Project, working alongside a global consultancy firm, for a diversified industrials client.
- We developed a new procurement organisation structure, processes, policy and procedures.
- We also supported the implementation of the new operating model through training of procurement users and professionals across southern African regions.
- We developed an online Procurement Course covering Strategic Sourcing, Procure-To-Pay, Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management.
Commercial Agreements Optimisation Project for a Diversified Industrials Client – In 2018, we supported a diversified industrials client with implementation of commercial contracts optimisation. This covered its customers’, sales & dealer agreements optimisation including:
- Development of a contracting playbook covering best practice contract management framework and processes
- Advisory on profitability model for the mining contracts.
- We also provided day-to-day support on contract drafting, contract price escalations management and contract performance monitoring of their mining customer agreements.
Spend Optimisation and ESD Strategy Project for Mining Client
In 2019 we were approached by a Mining Client who was struggling with solutions for community development through supply chain and community supplier development. Their key challenge was beyond just creating supply chain opportunities for businesses in their operations, but in identifying opportunities within their supply chain that are implementable in the short-term in order to improve its social relevance. They also needed to drive compliance to Enterprise and Supplier Development targets as required by the Mining Charter.
- We conducted a market research on ESD strategies
- Conducted an internal spend analytics for spend of +R1bn and identified opportunites for ESD.
- We then developed a high level ESD strategy for the mining house to be able to operationalise its plans for ESD.
Procurement Procedures and Go To Market Strategies for a Financial Services Client – During first quarter of 2020, we supported a financial services client with business continuity management and facilitated a go-to-market strategy and process for their managed services focusing on:
- Category market intelligence report and supply market report
- Standard RF(x) processes
- Standard Procurement Procedure Manual development
- Service continuity management and Standard Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) framework for all major spend items
Top 5 Benefits of working with SMUKELISO
①Implementation Excellence – we pride ourselves with unlocking benefits that give our clients direct P&L impact
②Non-conventional methodologies – our approach to solutions is not driven by traditional procurement goals
③Value Chain Management – we take time to understand the business first before diagnosing a supply chain problem
④Sustainable benefits beyond the consulting period – we take a collaborative approach
⑤Business transformation model supported by people change management & technology partner